Brown shares dishes to try
Loran Brown was born in Palestine and started school in Ennis and currently is in seventh grade in Waxahachie.
Her immediate family is Angela and Jason Jones and her little brother, Jacob. Loran enjoys volleyball, cheerleading, gymnastics, learning to cook, spending time with family and attending The Avenue Church.
She is looking forward to church camp coming up in July.
Berry Good Dip
8 ounces fresh or thawed frozen strawberries
4 ounces non-fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon sugar
• Place strawberries in food processor or blender container; process until smooth.
• Beat cream cheese in small bowl until smooth. Stir in sour cream, strawberry puree and sugar; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
• Spoon dip into small serving bowl. Garnish with orange peel, if desired. Serve with assorted fresh fruit dippers or angel food cake cubes.
Makes 6 (1/4 cup) servings.
Beef ‘n’ Beans Tacos
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1 can (11 1/4 ounces) Campbell’s Condensed Fiesta Chili Beef Soup
1/4 cup water
10 taco shells
Shredded Cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomato and sour cream if desired
• In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until beef is browned, stirring to separate meat. Pour off fat.
• Add soup and water. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
• Divide meat mixture among taco shells. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream.