Ennis Daily News

Utility worker from Calif. electrocuted in Texas


VICTORIA (AP) — A 24-year-old utility worker from California has been electrocuted after coming in contact with power lines in South Texas.

The Victoria County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday identified the victim as Jeffrey Wilder II from Clearlake, Calif.

Sgt. Travis Gundelach (GUN’-duhl-lahk) says Monday’s death appears to have been an unfortunate accident. Federal safety officials have been notified.

A spokeswoman for Victoria Electric Cooperative says the victim was a contract worker. The accident happened as Wilder was in an elevated bucket working on a power line.

Post to Twitter

Posted by on Aug 14 2013. Filed under Off-the-wire, State news. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Featured Links

    Search Archive

    Search by Date
    Search by Category
    Search with Google
    Log in

     

    Copyright: All rights reserved. Users may download and print extracts of content from this website for their own personal and non-commercial use only. Republication or redistribution of Ennis Daily News content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Ennis Daily News. Ennis Daily News and its logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Ellis County Newspapers, Inc.

    © Ellis County Newspapers, Inc. 2014