Ennis Ford Perfect Drive
Ennis Daily News

Fire brings forward meter concerns

An apartment fire at 801 N. Sherman St. on Thursday morning was quickly contained, subdued and extinguished by the Ennis Fire Department, but the event still worried the city’s fire chief.
Thursday’s fire reminded David Hopkins of creeping concerns he’s had about the safety of residents and his department’s firefighters during fire incidents. Oncor, the area’s electricity distribution agency, sometimes locks its meters, which precludes emergency responders’ ability to pull them out and cut power at the location of fires.

Without that ability, firefighters are put in a precarious position while trying to fight fires when they’re unsure if those fires were caused by electrical short circuits, Hopkins said. The city has gone to Oncor with those concerns to no avail.

CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO ACCESS THE ENNIS DAILY NEWS E-EDITION.

Post to Twitter

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Comments

comments

Posted by on Jan 28 2011. Filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Featured Links

    Search Archive

    Search by Date
    Search by Category
    Search with Google

    Photo Gallery

    Log in

     

    Copyright: All rights reserved. Users may download and print extracts of content from this website for their own personal and non-commercial use only. Republication or redistribution of Ennis Daily News content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Ennis Daily News. Ennis Daily News and its logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Ellis County Newspapers, Inc.

    © Ellis County Newspapers, Inc. 2018