Ennis Ford Perfect Drive
Ennis Daily News

Progress on saving Ennis’ oldest house

Saving a piece of history isn’t easy, but it’s important. As demolition of the Loggins-Mulkey house approaches, take a second to read about the history of this historic home, which sits on a plot of land at 110 N. Elm St.

The Loggins-Mulkey house of Ennis, Texas is deeply rooted in the early history of this pioneering settlement. The Mulkeys were among the original pioneers in the area. In 1857 Phillip Mulkey and Susan Arrington had the first wedding in what was yet to become the city of Ennis. Susan Arrington’s family built the first log house in the mid 1850s on what was yet to become South Paris Street in Ennis. And after Phillip Mulkey’s death his widow and son, James Mulkey, were vital proponents in the development of much of the eastern portion of Ennis all the way to Telico.

See the report in the Ennis Daily News!

Click here to sign up for our E-Edition and read the rest of the story!

Post to Twitter

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Comments

comments

Posted by on Apr 16 2015. Filed under City news, Lifestyles. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Featured Links

    Search Archive

    Search by Date
    Search by Category
    Search with Google

    Photo Gallery

    Log in

     

    Copyright: All rights reserved. Users may download and print extracts of content from this website for their own personal and non-commercial use only. Republication or redistribution of Ennis Daily News content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Ennis Daily News. Ennis Daily News and its logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Ellis County Newspapers, Inc.

    © Ellis County Newspapers, Inc. 2018