Ennis Ford Perfect Drive
Ennis Daily News

Emporium undergoes transformation

Mark Warde, editor@ennisdailynews.com

The former Emporium Building, a signature landmark in downtown Ennis, is in the process of completing a full-circle evolution. Developers hope it will soon become is a transformation that historians and modernists will embrace.

Built in 1904 as the Rowe Building, the corner of South Dallas Street and Ennis Avenue has enjoyed a glorious past. After becoming Anthony’s Clothing Store in the 1960s, the Emporium in the 1980s, and eventually the Galleria, the three-story facility suffered significant of damage during a tornado in May 2013.

Click here to sign up for our E-Edition and read the rest of the story!

Post to Twitter



Posted by on Jul 10 2014. Filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Featured Links

    Search Archive

    Search by Date
    Search by Category
    Search with Google
    Log in


    Copyright: All rights reserved. Users may download and print extracts of content from this website for their own personal and non-commercial use only. Republication or redistribution of Ennis Daily News content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Ennis Daily News. Ennis Daily News and its logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Ellis County Newspapers, Inc.

    © Ellis County Newspapers, Inc. 2017