Ennis Ford Perfect Drive
Ennis Daily News

Two displaced after duplex fire

Ennis fire officials said two people were displaced after an early morning fire at a duplex on Cardinal Lane on Friday morning. Two fire engines and an ambulance were dispatched to a duplex at 1305 Cardinal Lane at 8:40 a.m. where there were reports of a heavy smoke coming from a unit. Fire Marshall Chad Wester said the fire started after a woman was cooking breakfast on a stovetop and left the kitchen for a short time and retuned to find the unit on fire. Wester said the woman tried to douse the fire herself but by then smoke had filled the unit.Read this story and more in your Weekend edition of The Ennis News. Be informed, subscribe today!

Post to Twitter

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Comments

comments

Posted by on Jan 20 2018. Filed under Local, News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Photo Gallery

Log in

 

Copyright: All rights reserved. Users may download and print extracts of content from this website for their own personal and non-commercial use only. Republication or redistribution of Ennis Daily News content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Ennis Daily News. Ennis Daily News and its logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Ellis County Newspapers, Inc.

© Ellis County Newspapers, Inc. 2018